Check out the timestamps below to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
On This Episode:
There’s been a huge strain put on the anesthesia business in recent years due to the way that hospitals and surgeries have changed, and there’s some uneasiness about what it could mean for the future.
Today we’ve invited NorthStar Anesthesia CEO Adam Spiegel and Chief Anesthetist Officer Randy Moore, DNP, MBA, CRNA, on to assess the state of the profession and discuss what’s to come for CRNAs as processes evolve.
This conversation really dives into the issues at hand and provides a really good inside look at how hospitals are changing. As the supply and demand back-and-forth continues, there’s a lot of questions about how it will all play out.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn on this show:
- How hospitals have changed over the past few years to create this strain on anesthesia. (4:48)
- The financial truth behind hospital revenues. (11:01)
- Meeting the future demand for CRNAs and what it means for earnings. (16:13)
- Why solutions will be market-by-market. (24:41)
- Where do CRNAs fit into these new business models? (31:02)
- An explanation of how a lot of the demand is artificial. (36:49)
- Will the rate of growth continue for CRNAs? (40:26)
Check it out the interview at the top of the page and use the timestamps to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
“Across 2021, (hospitals) were all making crazy amount of money. The highest margins that they’ve seen. The first six months of this year, the average hospital has made a minus two percent operating margin.”-Adam Spiegel, NorthStar Anesthesia CEO