Home values continue to rise all across the country and it has many people thinking back to the crash of 2008. Are there parallels or is this time different? Josh Mettle of NEO Home Loans joins the show to share his data and insight into the real estate market. Plus, he’ll tell us how he helps CRNAs secure a mortgage with a 1099 income.
Click the timestamps below to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
On This Episode:
It’s rather remarkable to see the what housing markets have done over the past five years, and the skyrocketing prices have a lot of people concerned that another crash could be on the horizon.
This impacts CRNAs, especially those that are hoping to buy a home with a 1099 position. So we’ve asked our friend Josh Mettle, Division President at HEO Home Loans, to join us today and help us better understand what’s happening in real estate. Is this growth sustainable or this another bubble?
If you’ve been curious at all about whether to buy or sell right now and what the future could look like for home prices, then this episode will be of great interest to you. Josh provides a lot of data on new construction, existing homes, and population trends that will leave you with a solid grasp of the real estate industry right now.
As you get started on the episode, keep an ear out for these topics:
- How financial struggles as a child helped shape him.
- Why the book Rich Dad, Poor Dad really opened his eyes.
- Jeremy recalls the moment and the book that changed his financial life.
- The people that Jeremy and Josh are mentoring today.
- Why the greatest superpower we have is seeing more in people than they do in themselves.
- How he made it through the 2008 housing crash.
- His view of the overall health of the real estate in this country.
- How Josh is using the data behind new homes being built to indicate that the market is still coming back from 2009.
- The data behind existing home sales today versus 2007.
- The demand side of the equation based on population decrease and how that’s rebounding.
- What locations does Josh feel are strong to buy right now and where does he say to avoid?
- What considerations should you make as a 1099 employee?
- The future of commercial real estate
Check it out the interview at the top of the page and use the timestamps to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
[2:33] – Introducing our guest Josh
[3:48] – His background
[6:44] – The book that impacted Jeremy
[9:45] – Who are you mentoring?
[13:36] – 2008 housing crash
[17:04] – How today’s housing market isn’t like 2008
[18:53] – Josh’s view of the real estate market
[24:12] – Does this take into account census data?
[26:42] – Existing homes for sale
[28:37] – The demand side of the equation
[37:47] – What should you be doing today in real estate?
[41:05] – Mortgages for 1099 employees
[46:34] – Commercial properties
[50:07] – Final thoughts
“My whole path in mortgage was about creating an opportunity for people to achieve financial freedom through real estate. That’s really my core conviction.”-Josh Mettle, Division President at NEO Home Loans