Talking about money isn’t an easy thing for most people to do. That’s why conversations around CRNA contracts can get uncomfortable and eventually lead to deals that don’t provide the value or benefits that you want and deserve. That’s why we’ve invited Jon Appino, founder of Contract Diagnostics, to talk about the negotiation process and how to approach your next contract review.
Click the timestamps below to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
On This Episode:
Everyone wants to be properly valued for the work they do and that often falls on the individual to facilitate. The problem is many people aren’t comfortable asking for more from a potential employer or just don’t know how to approach it.
The work that CRNAs do is so valuable and it’s important to leverage that when it’s time to sign your next contract. We’ve invited on Jon Appino, founder of Contract Diagnostics, to share his insights into the review process and how to negotiate your next offer. His company specializes in reviewing contracts and assisting healthcare professionals using detailed compensation data.
This is an episode that can benefit anyone. Not only will it help you financially now, but it will also go a long way towards retirement. If you have any questions about the discussion today, you can get in touch with Appino here.
As you get started on the episode, keep an ear out for these topics:
- What drove him to this business of contracts.
- The specifics in a contract that are negotiable and the things that aren’t.
- What you need to know about the negotiation process and what to focus on.
- How to change the expectations for what you want and need.
- Who should you be talking to about these needs?
- How negotiations differ from W2 to 1099 jobs.
- What is your position worth and how do you value it?
- What red flags should you look for in a contract?
- The trends he’s seeing in contracts right now.
- Should you be worried about pushing back and alienating a possible employer?
Check it out the interview at the top of the page and use the timestamps to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
2:16 – Background on guest and topic
4:07 – How he got into this business
8:03 – What is negotiable
10:07 – Tactics for negotiating
15:44 – W2 vs 1099
19:03 – Helping people understand their options
21:55 – Understanding your worth
25:57 – Red flags in contracts
27:56 – AANA compensation benefit study
31:19 – Current trends
34:12 – Is it okay to push back?
36:26 – What do these services cost?
40:05 – Re-negotiating
41:29 – Pay for men vs women
43:27 – Lightning round
“We’re a consulting firm that can guide a physician or a CRNA or a nurse practitioner on their contract and what they need to know about it.”-Jon Appino, Founder, Contract Diagnostics