The AANA introduced its new CEO earlier this summer and Bill Bruce, MBA, CAE has already hit the ground running. So what does a non-CRNA bring to the organization? We got the opportunity to sit down with him to learn more about his background, his leadership style, and how he hopes to engage and build trust with members.
Check out the timestamps below to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
On This Episode:
The AANA Board of Directors appointed Bill Bruce, MBA, CAE to serve as the new CEO in June and he brings nearly 20 years of association executive experience to the organization.
Like many other CRNAs, we wanted to learn more about the new head of the AANA and we’re grateful that Bill had some time to share with us on this episode of the podcast. As a non-CRNA, Bill brings a different background and perspective to the position and he opened up about what that means for the future of the AANA and its members.
We touched on quite a few pressing questions that we’ve heard from other CRNAs and we hope this episode can provide some answers and give people a sense of what’s to come.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn on this show:
- How he got into the association business and what his past membership looked like. [4:45]
- What has surprised him through these first couple of months. [9:29]
- His military experience and how that changed the path he was on. [12:27]
- What a non-CRNA can bring to the organization. [23:26]
- The challenges that come with bringing in a new staff each year. [27:12]
- Building and retaining trust with the members of the AANA. [32:29]
- What kind of culture does he want to build within the organization? [36:32]
- What he’s learned about keeping members engaged. [42:28]
- How he describes his leadership style. [48:18]
Check it out the interview at the top of the page and use the timestamps to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.