Check out the timestamps below to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
On This Episode:
CRNAs continue to be in high demand so finding a job isn’t always the challenge, but how do you go about identifying and landing the right job? Thomas Davis, DNAP, MAE, CRNA is an Air Force-trained CRNA who learned a lot about leadership during his time in the military and has used that to start ProSynEx Authentic Leadership. Today we’ll dive into the hiring process and share tips for any CRNA exploring new employment so that you have the best chance at landing that perfect job.
Davis became focused on this topic of how to get the right job and the best workplace for CRNAs after being asked about that a number of times so we asked him to be a part of the podcast after he spoke on this subject at the AANA Annual Congress. He provides tremendous insight into the emotional intelligence and will help you put your best foot forward.
From social media to cover letter to interview questions, we’ll cover the entire process on the podcast.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn on this show:
- What the Gallup Q12 survey has found about employment needs. [8:35]
- How to go about creating a list of what you’re looking for. [12:37]
- Why emotional intelligence becoming more and more important on both sides. [14:54]
- The dangers of social media for future employment. [23:59]
- What to put on your cover letter. [29:11]
- Preparing for the questions you might be asked during an interview. [36:11]
Check out the interview at the top of the page and use the timestamps to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
“It’s interesting that some of the people who study cognitive behavior and neural behavioral sciences are seeing that people who were born into a computer world, their brains process information differently than those of us who were born before computers.”-Thomas Davis, DNAP, MAE, CRNA