Check out the timestamps below to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
On This Episode:
During our visit to the NCANA meeting last fall, we had the opportunity to host a live podcast about lobbying for your state association and we had the pleasure of bringing NCANA lobbyists Patrick Ballantine and Tracy Kimbrell onto the panel with us.
Both of them have been tremendous assets to our association because of their passion for lobbying. We explored that role to find out what skills it takes, how to utilize a lobbyist, and what you should expect from them.
In this episode, you’ll get to hear our live podcast taping from the event and the great discussion we had about what lobbyists mean to our profession.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn on this show:
- Background on our guests today and how they got into lobbying for the NCANA. [2:38]
- What qualities does a legislator look for in a lobbyist? [7:09]
- What is the ultimate goal of lobbying? [9:50]
- How should the lobbyist interact with the organization? [15:49]
- How do you keep different groups and issues separated? [22:52]
- The importance of Lobby Days. [39:20]
- How can you evaluate the work your lobbyist is doing? [45:04]
Check out the interview at the top of the page and use the timestamps to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
To me this is the best area of law, to be able to advocate for good public policy which ends up having broad-based impact on lots of people’s lives. It’s an honor to be a part of the process and represent the NCANA.