Check out the timestamps below to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
On This Episode:
You’re quietly sitting behind the drape and all of a sudden you see significant dysrhythmias on the ECG during an operation. Now what?
In this episode Jeremy and Sass review a case of Cardiogenic Shock and go over the crisis checklist for this critical event. They also examine current diagnostic strategies and potential differential diagnoses.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn on this show:
- Thinking about the cardiovascular system in three separate parts [2:18]
- Here’s the case we’re facing on today’s episode. [3:19]
- What are the initial thoughts on this overall picture? [4:33]
- What are the goals for managing this patient? [7:13]
- What happens if you see ST changes interoperatively? [9:48]
- Signs, symptoms and diagnostic criteria of cardiogenic shock. [12:13]
- What is prescribed? [19:50]
- The primary goal for this type of patient is to get them to the Cath lab. [24:12]
- Here’s a question to test your knowledge. [25:03]
Check out the interview at the top of the page and use the timestamps to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.