Check out the timestamps below to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
On This Episode:
It’s not uncommon to use push-dose vasopressors for blood pressure management in anesthesia practice. Maybe even more so now than in the past.
Jeremy and Sass talk about the various options and situations for blousing vasopressors, and perhaps most importantly which one to use. In fact, recently there was a Journal Course in the AANA Journal talking about the increased (and safe) use of push dose Norepinephrine which they review in this episode.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn on this show:
- Why we’re administering push-dose vasopressors more often now. [2:18]
- Different vasopressors that we use. [7:09]
- Here’s our scenario for treatment for this episode. [10:45]
- What the research tells us. [13:03]
- Comparing phenylephrine to ephedrine. [18:03]
- How effective norepinephrine is and what are the concerns? [19:26]
- The best method for administering norepinephrine. [21:27]
Check out the interview at the top of the page and use the timestamps to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.