Check out the timestamps below to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
On This Episode:
Bill Bruce, MBA, CAE, took over as the CEO of the AANA last summer so we caught up with him to get an update on how the organization has progressed over his first eight months. It’s already been a busy term already with staffing changes and the AANA moving into a new building, but there are many policy issues to be managed and addressed as well. Join us as we find out what’s happening inside the AANA and how the organization is tackling key issues.
It’s hard to believe it’s almost been a year since we sat down with Bill as he prepared to take the reins at the AANA. We spent that episode learning more about his background and leadership style along with his plans for the organization as someone coming in from outside the profession. Now we get to find out how his expectations compare to the reality of the position.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn on this show:
- Update on the new AANA building the organization moved into a few months ago. (4:15)
- The efforts to make the organization more modernized and efficient, and the key staff changes that have occurred (9:49)
- What is the organization doing about supervision with current guidelines set to expire soon? (18:12)
- What’s the status of the VA and full practice authority? (23:48)
- The other big advocacy issues the AANA is paying close attention to. (27:38)
- How he’s adjusted to the new position as an ‘outsider.’ (29:51)
Check out the interview at the top of the page and use the timestamps to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.