Check out the timestamps below to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
On This Episode:
The CRNA profession continues to be a strong career path that allows you to comfortably save for retirement, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t always have a backup plan just in case. As we’ve seen over the last few years, crazy things can happen that shake up our day-to-day routines at a moment’s notice. In this episode, we’ll talk with Plan B CRNA Podcast host Bobby Jones, MSN about how anyone can start a side hustle, and maybe more importantly, how and why they should consider it.
If you aren’t familiar with Bobby, he’s a retired CRNA and the founder of On Call Capital. When Sharon ran for the State House in North Carolina, Bobby was the marketing director for her campaign. He also hosts the Plan B CRNA Podcast, which highlights people in the industry that are finding success outside of their traditional anesthesia careers.
In this episode, Bobby shares some of the side hustles he’s considered – from merchant processing to Christmas tree farms – and what he’s learned about chasing these other pursuits. We’re not all born with that entrepreneurial spirit, but that doesn’t mean you can’t succeed in building a side business.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn on this show:
- Why he began his podcast in order to help CRNAs with side hustles and wealth building. [5:20]
- The reason why most small businesses fail. [18:27]
- What’s he learned about cryptocurrency, being a loan signing agent, merchant processing, and holiday side hustles. [24:14]
- What pushed him to start the podcast and why did he want to focus on CRNAs. [30:08]
- Why you need to be prepared financially for the unexpected by having a plan B. [38:30]
Check out the interview at the top of the page and use the timestamps to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.