Check out the timestamps below to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
On This Episode:
Cannabis has several medicinal uses and is legal in several states. More and more patients are using cannabis as a medication for anxiety, pain management, and for recreational use.
In this episode, Jeremy and Sass discuss the pharmacodynamics of cannabis and focus on the systemic effects of this medication. You won’t want to miss their discussion highlighting the anesthetic considerations of patients who take cannabis.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn on this show:
- Adapting to cannabis becoming more acceptable recreationally and for care with patients. [2:29]
- The pharmacokinetics related to cannabis. [4:32]
- Reviewing an AANA Journal article on cannabis. [7:54]
- The respiratory effects you might find from cannabis. [9:25]
- The anesthetic implications for a cannabis user. [11:58]
- Does cannabis help with pain management? [15:01]
Check out the interview at the top of the page and use the timestamps to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
Show Notes & Resources:
- Teitel A, Bozimowski G. A Review of the Pharmacology and Anesthetic Implications of Cannabis. AANA J. 2020 Jun;88(3):237-244. PMID: 32442102.
Times are changing and we have to adapt in order to make sure we provide an anesthetic where we take the best care of the patient.