Check out the timestamps below to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
On This Episode:
As we celebrate another Thanksgiving, we want to show our appreciation for an organization that does so much for CRNAs. Many people don’t know about the AANA Foundation’s purpose and why it’s important to individual CRNAs working in the OR, but they play a critical role in supporting and growing the profession. Today we’ll spend time with Executive Director Nat Carmichael and Treasurer Mike Anderson, DNP, CRNA to learn more about the best-kept secret in our profession.
We’re excited to have both guests on this episode to tell us more about how they support research and education, and how both CRNAs and SRNAs can contribute to the Foundation’s mission. Nat’s expertise in tax planning and estate planning by working assists donors and members who want to leave significant gifts to the foundation and their profession, which we’ll get a better understanding of. And Mike is the COO for Heartland Anesthesia and Consulting along with being the Treasurer, and we’ll get his insight as someone who sees the impact from both sides.
It’s a special Thanksgiving episode of the podcast and we hope you enjoy it. We are so grateful for everything this profession has allowed us to do and appreciate all of the support we’ve received here. We hope you have a great holiday.
Here’s some of what we discuss in this episode:
- The purpose of the Foundation and how they support research and education.
- Why it’s so important to have this research to support CRNAs.
- The different ways that you can give to the Foundation, from online donations
- Learn more about the Friends for Life program and why it’s a valuable commitment to the profession.
- The ways you can leave money to the Foundation as part of your estate plan.
- The other ways you can contribute to the Foundation besides monetary contributions, including opportunities for students.
Help us grow by leaving a review: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/beyond-the-mask-innovation-opportunities-for-crnas/id1440309246
We take the research from the Foundation and use that to really help arm us when we have those conversations with our our legislators and talk about the fact that CRNAs are high quality, cost-effective providers.
–Nat Carmichael, AANA Foundation Executive Director