Check out the timestamps below to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
On This Episode:
Have you ever managed an airway with both a video-laryngoscope and a flexible intubating (fiberoptic) scope? Wait…what???
Yep, in this episode Jeremy and Sass talk about an evolving airway management technique that utilizes both devices to help secure difficult airways. They call it VIFI!
Here are some of the things you’ll learn on this show:
- What is VIFI and how does it work?
- What are the advantages to using this technique?
- Case reports of airway obstruction and airway closure.
- A case study of successful airway management using video laryngoscope.
- How do you perform this process?
Check out the interview at the top of the page and use the timestamps to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
So VIFI really isn’t a new concept. It’s been around for about 10 years, but more people are starting to use it and people use it sporadically.