Check out the timestamps below to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
On This Episode:
As we begin our new clinical episodes of Beyond the Mask, we’re kicking things off with a case management and crisis management series on the different states of shock. This series is going to start out by reviewing differential diagnosis, the rationale for treatment, and the mechanism of action of the medications used to treat the crisis.
On this first part of our shock state series, we’re going to focus on anaphylaxis and share a case that we experienced. We’ll take you through the ways to identify the shock, how to treat it, and share how this case unfolded.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn on this show:
- Details on the new podcast and what to expect from these educational shows. (2:15)
- How do you define shock and what’s happening in these different states. (3:47)
- Here’s the case we’re faced with on this episode. (5:29)
- The signs and symptoms that could be associated with an anaphylactic episode. (9:42)
- What do you in this situation? (15:42)
- How this case played out. (22:34)
- Instances of antibiotics causing anaphylaxis. (28:16)
Check out the full episode at the top of the page and use the timestamps to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.