Check out the timestamps below to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
On This Episode:
We’ll shift gears a bit in this episode by focusing on the examination side of anesthesia by hosting our first Q&A episode. Since students are taking a lot of tests in anesthesia school and CRNAs are also prepping for the CPC examination, testing is a critical part of the profession.
Jeremy and Sass both write a lot of test questions so they’ll share their experience from that side of the test-taking process, but they will also give you methods to analyze the questions in a way that can help you narrow down the correct answer.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn on this show:
- Which measure is an accurate indicator of preoxygenation? [3:04]
- Which effect explains the right work shift in the oxyhemoglobin dissociation curve? [6:15]
- Which factors cause a left work shift in the oxyhemoglobin dissociation curve? [10:14]
- Hypoxic Pulmonary Vasoconstriction is inhibited by…? [12:58]
- What is the infrared wavelength measured by pulse oximetry? [17:20]
- Which inspiratory muscles are involved with supplemental inspiratory effort during times of respiratory distress? [23:09]
Check out the interview at the top of the page and use the timestamps to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
When looking at a question, a lot of times we can even narrow it down to two. From the four questions to two best answers….In those circumstances, go with your gut. Go with what you feel is the best when you first look at the question.