Check out the timestamps below to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
On This Episode:
We all have the current requirement to take the CPC Assessment for recertification, and many of our colleagues are asking us “How can I prepare?”.
In an effort to help get our CRNA nation in the mode of answering questions…Jeremy and Sass are going to start doing occasional question and answer episodes.
In this episode they go over respiratory and cardiac physiology questions. This will bring you right back to CRNA school (for better or worse), so have fun!
Here are some of the things we’ll discuss in this episode:
- A review of Hypoxic Pulmonary Vasoconstriction
- When increased, which factor increases myocardial oxygen consumption to the greatest degree?
- Which factors cause a leftward shift in the oxyhemoglobin dissociation curve?
- Which vascular response occurs during hypotension?
- Which inspiratory muscles are involved with a supplemental inspiratory effect during times of respiratory distress?
- Which cardiac responses are associated with bradycardia?
What I always tell people that I’m educating is the body is amazing at trying to return itself to normal or to maintain whatever system it can in order to maintain ventilation and perfusion to the organs. It’s truly amazing.