Check out the timestamps below to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
On This Episode:
Today we bring you another wonderful conversation from our trip to the mid-year assembly in Washington D.C. Sharon and Tracy Castleman, DNP, CRNA, APN-A, FAANA were on hand when Kris Rohde, CRNA received the AANA’s Daniel D. Vigness Federal Political Director Award. Afterward, we invited her to join the show to hear her story, talk about the role the FPD plays in each state, and share why the sacrifice has been well worth it.
Kris is a practicing CRNA in Nebraska and the efforts in her home state to get people to show up and be involved was recognized during the assembly. We wanted to hear more about the success she’s had so that others can pick up a thing or two and possibly apply it to their own state.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn on this show:
- The role the Federal Political Director plays. [4:37]
- How she ended up in the role of FPD in Nebraska. [8:49]
- The role mentoring played in her career and helped her grow. [11:40]
- The importance of relationships with lobbyists. [17:25]
- Her legislative work with people in DC. [27:22]
- Has the sacrifices she’s had to make been worth it? [29:52]
- The message she’d share with other FPDs or rising FPDs who want to be successful. [35:27]
Check out the interview at the top of the page and use the timestamps to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.