The nursing profession has always been the backbone of the healthcare system but it’s time to start thinking bigger. The talent and determination found in nurses can shape the future of healthcare and it begins through innovation and entrepreneurship. Rebecca Love, RN, BS, MSN, FIEL, is leading that charge by creating a program for nurses to pursue innovation and help lead the profession forward. Join us for a wonderful conversation that we believe will motivate and inspire.
Check out the timestamps below to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
On This Episode:
Nurses are some of the smartest and most talented people around but they’re often so focused on their job that they overlook just how special they truly are.
With the right motivation and someone there to empower them, nurses can be innovators in the healthcare industry and help change the future. That’s the role Rebecca Love, RN, BS, MSN, FIEL has embraced in her career as a nurse, author, speaker, and founder of SONSIEL. Today she joins us to share her journey into nursing and the niche she’s carved out as an innovator and entrepreneur in this profession.
As you get started on the episode, keep an ear out for these topics:
- How her mom helped push her toward nursing school and the career journey that followed.
- Nurses have always been innovators even if they don’t identify as such.
- The story of how she started the nursing innovation and entrepreneurship program.
- What does the curriculum include?
- Details on SONSIEL and some of the prominent members they’ve gained.
- The story of her Ted Talk and how she prepared for it.
- It hasn’t always been easy. Learn about the challenges she’s faced along the way and what motivated her to keep pushing.
Check it out the interview at the top of the page and use the timestamps to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
[5:00] – Welcome in Rebecca
[8:31] – Entrepreneur at heart
[11:06] – Nurses as innovators
[14:46] – Launching the program
[19:10] – The curriculum
[21:04] – Society of Nurse Scientists Innovators Entrepreneurs &Leaders
[22:23] – Giving her Ted Talk
[26:36] – The talents of nurses
[29:07] – Challenges she’s faced
[38:39] – Empowerment
[40:18] – Why you should be interested
To learn more about the Emma Kate fundraiser event: https://halosofthestcroixvalley.com/
“(I’m) Trying to find that group of nurses who just see the future of nursing differently, that we can do so much more than what we’ve done historically to impact the outcome of healthcare.”-Rebecca Love, RN, BS, MSN, FIEL