Any CRNA who’s gone through the credentialing process knows how inefficient and frustrating it can be. There’s got to be a better way right? Andi Stamper, DNP, CRNA and Kiki Mattress, MSNA, CRNA are working to streamline this process through their company, HealthShield Credentialing. The pair joins the podcast today to tell us more about the work they’re doing and how it all works to improve healthcare credentialing.
Check out the timestamps below to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
On This Episode:
The healthcare credentialing process isn’t one that CRNAs enjoy and the hassle often keeps people from pursuing work. The pain point has been around for some time and we might finally be moving closer to a solution.
Andi Stamper, DNP, CRNA and her business partner Kiki Mattress, MSNA, CRNA have started HealthShield Credentialing to try to streamline this process and make it easier for anyone pursuing credentialing. The pair met about four years ago and often talked about challenges and frustrations, but kept coming back to this issue of healthcare credentialing. They wanted to come up with something that would ease that process and after many conversations, the new company began.
Both women join the show today to tell us more about the company and how it formed.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn on this show:
- Why have they been focused on this credentialing challenge? [5:01]
- The original idea and how this all came together. [7:24]
- Challenges of building the website and platform. [14:00]
- Details on how a CRNA can use the website. [15:24]
- Where they hope to grow and expand. [19:24]
- What is primary source verification? [22:31]
- A breakdown on costs and fees and the tax benefits. [25:43]
Check it out the interview at the top of the page and use the timestamps to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.