Check out the timestamps below to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
On This Episode:
We had a chance to spend some time with the new AANA Deputy Chief Advocacy Officer Ingrida Lusis during our time at the mid-year assembly to learn more about her background in government affairs and how she plans to strengthen advocacy by bringing state and federal affairs all under one umbrella. Join Sharon and guest host Tracy Castleman, CRNA, as we go on the offensive with our newest advocacy leader.
What’s great about our discussion today is that we get the perspective of someone who joins the organization from the outside. That gives us a chance to get a fresh view on the issues like full practice authority and how CRNAs can strengthen their political voices.
Join us to learn more about Ingrida and how she wants to flip the conversation so that we can start going on the offensive with lawmakers.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn on this show:
- Ingrida’s background in government affairs and her goals for the new position. [3:03]
- Why she feels CRNAs need to go on the offensive. [7:46]
- Her thoughts and views on full practice authority. [9:52]
- What other ways we can look at to give CRNAs more power besides just running for office? [18:15]
- Why supporting the ASAPAC is very important. [22:36]
- The perception of the AANA vs the reality when she arrived. [29:01]
- What would she say to get people involved that hate politics?[33:24]