Check out the timestamps below to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
On This Episode:
During our trip to the mid-year assembly recently, Sharon and Tracy Castleman, DNP, CRNA, APN-A, FAANA were having a conversation about declining student membership at the AANA when they met Haley Johnson and Kelby Stanko, who are both students at Saint Vincent College Excela Health School of Nurse Anesthesia. We decided to spend time with both of these bright, young ladies to learn more about their experience attending this AANA event, being part of the mentorship program, and how they plan to help spread that positive message with other students.
Our guests today remind us a lot of Sharon and Tracy when they were that age and it’s exciting to see two future leaders of the profession see the true value of the AANA and its role in anesthesia. This discussion also helps us understand the dilemma the organization faces with recruiting young CRNAs and keeping them active each year. We’d love to hear your feedback after listening this episode.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn on this show:
- What they’ve learned at the assembly and what’s been their reaction to what they’ve experienced. [3:19]
- The students explain how they didn’t get the value of the AANA until attending the assembly. [8:57]
- How they’ll share what they’ve learned on the trip with their classmates? [12:54]
- The story behind the mentorship program and Haley’s experience with it so far. [17:11]
- The students leave us with a final message. [29:59]
Check out the interview at the top of the page and use the timestamps to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.