Check out the timestamps below to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
On This Episode:
The nursing industry is filled with so many bright and talented people and today’s guest is just another example of that. Ayoade (Joy) Ademuyewo, DNP, CRNA is the founder and CEO of Lokum, which helps match vendors directly with anesthesiology providers without having to go through recruiting agencies. Find out why this could be the future of work as an independent contractor and learn more about the person behind it all.
Tracy Castleman, DNP, CRNA, APN-A, FAANA fills in for Jeremy as a guest host along with Sharon for today’s episode. As you’ll hear, Joy credits her experience as a CRNA and her DNP for helping her launch this company and build the relationships needed to grow the network. The app is the first product from the company and it’s something that any CRNA would be interested in learning more about. If it can make the 1099 work process better for both sides, it could be a big win for anesthesia and healthcare.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn on this show:
- What is Lokum and how does the Lokum app help CRNAs? [4:36]
- Where did her entrepreneurship drive come from? [9:05]
- This is the future of work as an independent contractor. [10:35]
- How a trip to Europe was the beginning of this idea and how it all came together. [16:37]
- How being a CRNA and her DNP benefited her develop this company. [24:34]
- The best way for CRNAs to learn more and why it benefits the profession to get on board. [27:04]
- Who is her inspiration? [29:16]
Check out the interview at the top of the page and use the timestamps to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.