On This Episode:
Sacrifice is part of the job when you’re a nurse. We all understand that comes with the territory. But there’s an even greater level of sacrifice for those who try to be advocates and leaders within the profession.
Today we’re joined again by guest host Tracy Castleman, DNP, CRNA, APN-A, FAANA, and Yana Krmic, MSN, CRNA, APRN to discuss the obstacles we’ve all faced throughout our careers. We explore what it means to be a leader in a challenging profession, the personal experiences that define our career trajectories, and the value of finding purpose in the work we do.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn on this show:
- Her journey from the Soviet Union to the United States in 1997.
- Yana’s pathway to leadership and the obstacles she faced as she tried advance her career.
- The five step process in becoming an advocate.
- Leaders aren’t always rewarded in our profession and it means we make sacrifices.
- What causes some CRNAs to be unsupportive of others in the profession.
- The things from the work we did during COVID.
- Would Yana have done things differently if she could go back?
Visit us online: http://beyondthemaskpodcast.com
Get the CE certificate here: https://beyondthemaskpodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Beyond-the-Mask-CE-Cert-FILLABLE.pdf
If you don’t do something with that fire and that passion that you already have, and the knowledge that you had acquired, then you ultimately will be killing the profession.
– Yana Krmic