Check out the timestamps below to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.
On This Episode:
We’re back with another great interview from our trip to the mid-year assembly in Washington D.C. as Sharon and Tracy Castleman, DNP, CRNA, APN-A, FAANA got to sit down with Taylor Rehfeldt, CRNA, and Sydney Davis, CRNA. You might remember them from episode 111, and we have been excited to catch back up with these two state representatives to find out what they’ve learned about advocacy and politics by being on the other side of the table.
We were introduced to these two impressive women when they were the top votegetters in their respective district House races back in 2020. They made history that year by becoming the first CRNAs to be elected into the legislature. Now two years later, they’ve learned quite a bit about advocacy, campaign funding, getting bills passed, and much more from being on the other side. Join us to learn more about what they’ve experienced by serving in South Dakota.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn on this show:
- How Taylor ended up in this new role as assistant Majority Leader in the House of Representatives.
- What pushed them to run after they both got exposed to the legislature through involvement with the state association and the leadership there.
- The big differences they’ve found from being on the other side of the advocacy push, especially as it relates to campaign finances.
- You can make a difference in someone’s campaign by donating your time or talents.
- Tips for helping CRNAs get bills passed after they’ve seen how much time and effort goes into getting a bill passed.
- Both women share a few of the lessons they’ve learned over these past 2+ years in office.
Check out the interview at the top of the page and use the timestamps to help you navigate through the many topics we discussed.